Amp’d Mobile, the Verizon MVNO that’s preparing to launch soon, is going to become a test-case for mobile advertising.
Peter Adderton described his plans to Advertising Age:
– Ads will target 18-to-34 year-olds.
– Ads could take up as much as a quarter to a half of the screen.
– Ads will be five to 10 seconds long.
– Their research found 7 of 10 consumers would watch commercials that affect the cost of mobile phone content “in a heartbeat.”
– Advertisers will sponsor channels, for example an Amp’d Pepsi Channel.
– Amp’d will maintain some editorial control over types of advertising and their content (no Viagra ads).
And in case the ad model doesn’t work, on the subscription side … pornography ‘will be available on the Amp’d phone through a “vaulted” channel, one which requires user identification and a pass code’.